From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-04 10:56:24

At 08:14 AM 9/4/2002, Bill Seymour wrote:

>> ... as I recall the template version was already working?
>>

>Not with MSVC v5. I had to get rid of all the i18n stuff
>to get any output; and I wouldn't want to do that for
>the final version. Also, I hadn't tested completely
>enough to have instantiated all the member templates.

VC++ 5.0 is years out of date. The price of the standard version of 7.0 is
$99. Please don't make library decisions based on what 5.0 will or won't
do!

>Jeff Garland:
>>
>> ... for the most part I'm not to worried about
>> interoperation of decimals with different scales.
>>

>Interest rates and currency.

I wrote some accounting software once for a petroleum distributor. Price
(dollars per gallon, 4 places) times quantity (in gallons, 1 place) yielded
invoice amount (in dollars, 2 places).

If the product was propane, the quantity was first adjust by temperature
differential (in degrees, 0 places) multiplied by expansion factor (pure
number, can't remember how many decimal places it was carried to.)

--Beman