From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-04 11:52:12

We should probably update our download policy. Looking at
<http://www.boost.org/more/download.html>:

1. The download option from SourceForge just uses our web space as an
archive depot. All other SourceForge projects I've seen use SF's
downloading facilities (file release). We could switch to it to be
more consistent with other SF projects, but we'll also get automatic
mirroring.

Maybe the SF guys can help us with a script that automatically converts
a tagged CVS state to a download archive.

2. Shouldn't the option of

> Download individual files from links in the documentation on the web
> site.  Because of the number of files involved, and header
> dependencies, this option usually isn't very useful.

be retired? I think that the number of libraries providing small-level
links has gone down and the header dependencies make it too complex.
However, wasn't someone complaining a few months ago that he wanted
just a subset of Boost, of the main library he was using and all the
dependencies? Of course, the quoted solution still isn't useful, but
maybe we should replace this section with a better solution rather than
deleting it.

Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, Video Game Junkie
darylew_at_[hidden]