From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-05 16:31:27

Yes,

the way to go if we really think we need a total ordering for those STL
algorithms is to choose one that is, such as the lexigographic one or
the mid-point ordering, suggested (well, at least almost suggested...)
by George.

And, the only viable equivalence relation is the standard extensional
set equivalence, equal end points...

The current solution of taking a relation that is *not* total, such as
the "completely to the left of" and somehow forcing it to become total
by twisted equivalence classes (twisted in that they are not equivalence
classes; overlapping...), should be rejected.

/David