From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-05 16:56:26

Joel (and others),

Is there no similar work done for intervals used in arithmetics, which
could help us in providing a firm foundation? If not, I definitely think
we should use Joel's planes as the common ground onto which we discuss
and define the operations.

And I would not like to draw the planes for intervals over non-totally
ordered types, i.e., I can not answer your last question on your page
;-)

I think we could derive a lot of features, and nomenclature, from
polynomials, since they deal with similar problems of homeomorphism and
orderings. But, to start a new field in mathematics might be a bit too
steep for Boost purposes...

Thanks,