From: Gabriel Dos Reis (gdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-06 11:19:05

Sylvain Pion <pion_at_[hidden]> writes:

| Do you use std::complex just to store a pair of floats ? No.

Yes.

As coordinates of point in the Euclidian plane. I get scalar product
and determinant for free.

| So I am still on the position that there should either be no default
| Comparison_policy,

Well, if the argument is that you don't want the default, then just don't
use it.

| or that the default should be to throw an exception for the
| overlap case (and usual total order for the rest of the domain).

I'm of the opinion that the default should not conflict with the
general library framework -- that argument was convincingly made for
std::less<> vs. operator<.

-- Gaby