From: Andreas Huber (spam2002_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-06 15:04:43

Dave,

> In my state machine framework, the majority of classes are stateless.
> The only classes that do have state are the "iterator" that I use for
> traversing the state machine and a special context object for holding
> "user" state variables.

I'd like to understand better how your approach works, therefore the
following questions:
- Given I'd implement a very simple statemachine (e.g. the stop watch
implemented in the example of my proposal, see comment in FSM.cpp), where
would I put the needed data (elapsedTime_ and startTime_)?
- Is it possible to "scope" the data appropriately?

Thanks,

Andreas