From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-09 00:09:35

This is another step in my computer migration. I got the Boost 1.28.0,
Boost CVS, and Boost-Sandbox CVS archives installed on my new computer
(an eMac running Mac OS X 10.2 with just Apple's developer tools) in
separate directories. Now I need to actually create and run test
programs. I tried to build an UNIX tool with Project Builder, but I
couldn't get the compiler to find the Boost headers. Hopefully,
someone has built Boost test programs with Project Builder, or at least
on Mac OS X with traditional makefiles (or Jamfiles), if no one can
supply PB directions.

When I was CodeWarrior on my old Mac, I had three header configurations:

1. putting the official Boost headers in the (system) search path
2. putting the CVS Boost headers in the search path instead
3. putting both CVS header sets in the search path, with the Sandbox
versions getting precedence and the non-Sandbox CVS files as the
fallback

I would want to keep all three combinations available (not necessarily
in the same project).

For an example test project, let's try making an UNIX command-line
program fr the BOOST_ROOT/libs/io/test/iomanip_test.cpp file[1] in the
Sandbox CVS.

[1] Yes, I did write this file. I need help in getting back to speed
in making new libraries.

Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, Video Game Junkie
darylew_at_[hidden]