From: Guillaume Melquiond (gmelquio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-09 04:51:57

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> > It's also defined for long double (at the same IEEE precision as double
> for
> > now). It's a job for the math constants library anyway. Once Paul
> provides
> > nice lower/upper constants, the interval library will fetch them from
> there.
>
> I don't believe that it will provide you with constant for every
> user-defined number class. As I sad what if I need pi/2 represented as my
> fancy miltiprecision_double class value?

You are right. And it's stated in the documentation on the base type
requirements: "If these values are not provided by the user, the default
values will be used: they are integer values (so pi is bounded by 3 and
4)." The user has to provide its own constants if it doesn't use an
interval based on 'float' or 'double'.