From: Andreas Huber (spam2002_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-09 18:26:35

> It's worth noting that compile-time and runtime techniques can be used
> together in the same system with a reasonably smooth interaction between
> them. Spirit lets you choose at which level you are going to have
> runtime-dispatched transitions. I don't know whether that applies to your
> problem domain or not. Using the BGL (or similar) to represent FSMs leaves
> you entirely in the runtime domain, where transition dispathcing is
> concerned.

Sorry, I guess I totally misunderstood what you were saying. It might indeed
apply if you want to combine fixed-layout FSMs with dynamically configurable
FSMs, which happens to be the main point David Cattarin and I are
disagreeing on. I guess David and I will have a look at spirit then... :-).

Regards,

Andreas