From: Eric Woodruff (Eric.Woodruff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-09 23:04:53

Well, my position on the issue with SGI's std::map is that

1) it's meant for only the user's compiler, and SGI -- you shouldn't be
looking at it

2) SGI is welcome to use all the comments it wants in the case of gruesome
templates, because they can never be feasibly cleaned up, it's just like the
boost macros I was talking about before. A lot needs to be communicated
through second-class methods like comments in those cases, because it can be
difficult to make everything at that level first-class (meaning that a
symbol is recognized, understood and enforced, to be used correctly, by the
compiler).