From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-10 03:08:19

> I have no major problem removing the JavaScript from the PP libs. It is
no big
> deal, but nevertheless, the pp-lib documentation is using compliant code
that
> works on the two most used browsers (by far) MS and Netscape.
Mine was also (I am not sure what problems Braden had - from errors log it
seems that most probably some of the doc files were missing in his
installation - but I was constantly making sure that docs properly printed
and presented at least in IE and Mozilla).

> Also, it doesn't do any browser detection at all.
I did not do either with only exclusion of different ie events model. In
fact you would have been affected by this also would you choose to use
standard DOM interfaces for event attaching instead of old prestandard ones.

> Things are getting better as far as compliance to the DOM.
That was exactly my point. Note though that nor you, nor me did mot support
IE4, NS4 or text-based browsers. Anyone who is using html->?? conversion
tools is not happy also, since most of these tools are ancient or not
powerful enough to support JavaScript interpreter.

Anyway, it's already a dead horse,

Regards,

Gennadiy.