From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-10 05:55:55

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 22:34:23 -0400, "David Bergman" <davidb_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

[...]
>The other thing it does is introduce spurious differences between
>revisions of the source text. The source control system will duitifully
>track & store all these spurious tabs -> spaces -> tabs changes, wasting
>space, and making diff's harder to read since they're filled with
>irrelevant gunk. (Yes, I know, most every source control system worth
>it's salt lets you compare revisions while ignoring whitespace - but if
>everyone uses spaces, you don't even need to know that option exists).

If that is really a problem maybe this is too: many of the boost files
have lines that terminate with whitespaces (i.e. the character that
immediately precedes the end-of-line is a space or a tab). Shouldn't
this be prohibited?

Genny.