From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-10 09:55:08

At 06:07 PM 9/9/2002, Boris Schäling wrote:

>In order to increase accessibility Boost should then use valid HTML, too.
>Not even the homepage validates.

Yes. This has come up before. We really need to split out the
responsibility for checking the site for HTML consistency/validity rules.

It isn't entirely clear (at least to me) what to do about some of the
problems detected. Some clearly fall in the category of things that should
just be fixed automatically.

But I'm afraid some automatic fixes could cause oscillation when a Tidy
like program does it one way, and then the developer's automatic tool flips
the file back to the original state.

The fix for that might be to make no automatic changes until we gain enough
experience to know which automatic changes are safe to make.

It really comes down to finding a volunteer willing to take this on as a
project. Any takers?

--Beman