From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-10 19:03:56

At 06:00 PM 9/10/2002, Kevin Lynch wrote:

>The inverse hyperbolics didn't appear in math.h until C99; in other
>words, they aren't technically part of C89/C++98. Since std is (more or
>less) closed by fiat, they really shouldn't appear in std (<cmath> is
>section 26.5, I think ... but it might be 25.6)

Yes, but do be aware that the C++ committee will in all probability include
much of the C99 library in C++ in the future. Bill Plauger has started the
ball rolling with an initial proposal; see
http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2002/n1354.txt

He doesn't mention namespaces issues, and his proposal is in the early
stages, but my bet is that the bulk of the C99 names will go in namespace
std.

--Beman