From: Jason D Schmidt (jd.schmidt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-10 21:18:34

I do a lot of computational physics, and I think a grid-type class might
be really useful. I work with a lot guys who use Matlab, but I'd like to
see similar numerical support (particularly 2+ dimensional arrays) in C++
because its language, library, and performance is far superior to Matlab.
 What advantages does the grid class have over Boost's multi-array?

Also, as an open question for any authority on Boost's multi-array, what
does the multi-array provide in the way of numerical support (maybe as
opposed to uBLAS)? How well does it integrate with STL (much better than
std::valarray<T>, I hope)?

Jason Schmidt
jd.schmidt_at_[hidden]