From: Jaakko Jarvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-11 15:25:28

> If tuple gets its own subdirectory, then should there not be a
> boost/tuple.hpp to pull in that library? What does boost/tuple/tuple.hpp not
> include of the tuple framework?

boost/tuple/tuple.hpp : basic tuple template with accessor functions etc.
boost/tuple/tuple_io.hpp : streaming operators
boost/tuple/tuple_comparison.hpp : < > <= >= == !=

> I think the way Boost.Function does it is more common in Boost (at a glance:
> config, format, integer, multi_array, preprocessor, random, regex,
> type_traits, and utility all do this). I read it as "boost/xyz.hpp" pulls in
> the entire library, whereas "boost/xyz/foo.hpp" and "boost/xyz/bar.hpp" pull
> in specific features of the library.
>
> Doug

This makes sense.

Would it be to confusing to add

boost/tuple.hpp : include all below

boost/tuple/tuple.hpp : basic tuple template with accessor functions etc.
boost/tuple/tuple_io.hpp : streaming operators
boost/tuple/tuple_comparison.hpp : < > <= >= == !=

(Confusing in the sense that boost/tuple/tuple.hpp and boost/tuple.hpp
would include different files)

Or would it be better to go to:

boost/tuple.hpp : include all below

boost/tuple/tuple_basic.hpp : basic tuple template with accessor functions etc.
boost/tuple/tuple_io.hpp : streaming operators
boost/tuple/tuple_comparison.hpp : < > <= >= == !=

and leave

boost/tuple/tuple.hpp in as a deprecated header?

Jaakko