From: Jeffrey C. Jacobs (darklord_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-11 15:36:04

BTW, I should also point out that when compiling on MSVC 6.0 only "Integral
_T" (pbv) is available since it is required for explicit casts which are
temporary non-l-values. That means MSVC 6.0 clients are forced to use the
pbv form with the potential for unnecessary tempories but I think the
compiler is pretty good about eliminating them, though alas no l-values on
6.0.

Jeffrey.

"Daniel Frey" <daniel.frey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
"Jeffrey C. Jacobs" wrote:

> assign to it) so it seems the most logical. That having been said, the
> current implementation for [un]signed_cast has:
>
> Integral _T
> Integral &_T
> const Integral &_T
> volatile Integral &_T