From: Iain K.Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-13 05:50:38

I took a look at the MailMan admin docs and I can't see any way to filter on
content
MS html mail does not announe its self in the headers so the sendmail.cf can
not be used
to filter.

> Dave,
>
> Apple uses mailman for their mailing lists and they say:
>
> > Because of virus problems, we limit postings to text-only.
> The tool we use to
> > strip MIME parts from a message is demime
> > (http://scifi.squawk.com/demime.html), which also strips some of the
> > adver-footers off of sites like yahoo mail or hotmail for us.

Unfortuneately, demime would prevent the posting of attachments which IMHO
is
far to draconian. There are other content filters ( many ) but they would
require
being run by our mail list host.

/ikh