From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-16 05:29:42

> As I explained by providing the code for an interval class based on MPFR,
> there are a lot of situations where segregating between 'control',
> 'arith', 'transc' and 'conversion' is a bad solution. And it's the
> reason why we didn't do something that looks like what you suggest.

FWIW layered abstraction for Rounding policy interface may not be generic
enough. But it does not change my second point that to write specialization
for specific number type one should be using *traits* based solution.
Independently what means you provide to change behavior of specific part of
rounding policy interface.

Gennadiy.