From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-17 02:40:53

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Markus Schöpflin wrote:
>
>> the current cvs snapshot of boost.thread fails to compile on VACPP
>> 5.02 because of problems with the MPL.
>>
>> The first failure is in integral_c.hpp and can be fixed easily.
>> Just add __IBMCPP__ to the #ifdef on line 34.
>
> Done.

Hmm, now it looks a little different than yesterday. Ok, the following
four lines make it work.

     BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT(T, next_value = (N + 1));
     BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT(T, prior_value = (N - 1));
     typedef integral_c<T, N + 1> next;
     typedef integral_c<T, N - 1> prior;

Note the use of N+1 and N-1 instead of next_value and prior_value
in the typedef.

>> The next error is in the file "if.hpp" on line 154. The line reads
>>
>> BOOST_MPL_AUX_VOID_SPEC(3, if_)
>>
>> and the error message is
>>
>> "/home/schoepf/src/extern/boost-devel/boost/mpl/if.hpp", line
>> 154.3: 1540-0040 (S) The text
>> "BOOST_MPL_PP_FILTER_PARAMS_BOOST_PP_MPL_TUPLE_11_ELEM_5" is
>> unexpected.
>> "BOOST_MPL_PP_FILTER_PARAMS_BOOST_PP_MPL_TUPLE_11_ELEM_5" may be
>> undeclared or ambiguous.
>>
>> Looks like a problem with the preprocessor library?
>

> Yes, well, with VisualAge preprocessor anyway. As I don't have the
> compiler handy, I've made a temporary fix for it, will look into
> details later.
>
> Please report back if the current CVS state works better for you.

If I apply the fix mentioned above the thread library compiles for me.