From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-17 09:56:00

Jaap Suter wrote:

> I think http://www.boost.org/more/int_const_guidelines.htm will help you
> out...

Either I'm too blind to see it or it is not there.

But reading the bible (read: the c++ standard), section 5.19 tells
me that is should look in 9.4.2 (static data members). And sentence
4 of 9.4.2 tells me that "The member shall [still] be defined in
namespace scope if it is used in the program ..."

14.5.1.3 (Static data members of class templates) says that
"A definition for a static data member may be provided in a
namespace scope enclosing the definition of the static member's
class template."

So this looks like the code I posted should be legal?

Confused, Markus