From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-19 00:41:37

From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> Another thing that has to be nailed down is what happens with various
> boundary conditions. For example:
>
> absolute( "foo", "bar" ) // Oops, 2nd arg isn't absolute
> absolute( "foo", "c:" ) // Oops, 2nd arg isn't absolute on Windows
> absolute( "foo", "/bar" )// Oops, 2nd arg isn't absolute on Windows
> absolute( "" ) // What does this return?

Seems to me that absolute and relative paths might have different behaviour,
so maybe path should be an abstract class from which absolute_path and
relative_path can be derived.

Then you could have an absolute_path constuctor for which the second
argument was an absolute_path, eliminating the first three problems.

Mark