From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-19 13:53:25

On Thursday, September 19, 2002, at 02:11 PM, Iain K.Hanson wrote:

> The only interesting dependacies imho are which libraries are used i.e.
>
> config
> mpl
> preprocessor
> static_assert

Agreed. These two:

mpl
preprocessor

are throwing up a red flag with me. The type traits library was
intended to be "fundamental" in the sense that it provided a base upon
which other libs could be built without dragging in a lot of other
stuff. I've never before envisioned it as "middle-ware".

Do either of mpl or preprocessor depend on type traits? What is the
motivation for the dependence of type traits on mpl and preprocessor?

-Howard