From: Iain K.Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-24 04:09:53

Still working on sockets lib. Current position is I have a layered template
implementation of address types and socket types plus basic connect class
which I am porting to mpl. I'm currently working on the design of
event_handlers
for async networking. This will almost certainly be a policy based design
with connection strategy and service strategy. Event handlers will register
with a reactor.

The concepts all come from ACE http:/www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt and have been
completely re-written to use generic style that boost favours.

I've only ( so far ) documented the concepts and interface for the address
class
and that documentation is in the sockets2 directory at yahoo files.

I suspect that it will be some months before I will have something worh
showing
as the interactions between reator, event_handler and there policy classes
is fairly
complex ( at least it is for me ).

/ikh