From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-24 08:55:06

David Abrahams wrote:

> Anyway, it was only a half-serious suggestion. My point is that if
> people have patches which make the difference between Boost working
> and not working on a given platform, they should try to post them
> before we branch for release. After a release branch it becomes
> increasingly hard to roll fixes into the branch and still get them
> into the trunk correctly.

Hey, wait a second. I have been posting patches now almost contantly for
three weeks (or contacting library authors privately) because I started
working on AIX with VisualAge C++ three weeks ago. I tried to fix the
problems as I encountered them. Are you trying to tell me that I should
not post the patches just because a branch for release just happened?

Markus