From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-27 10:38:31

> The xtime type was created out of desperation, and it was always assumed
> that a full featured time library would replace it at some point. Whether
> or not the new date_time library can fill the needs here remains to be seen.
> It's something I'll be looking into in depth after the official release of
> the library.

Bill, when you get time to look at this contact me offline and we can discuss.
As I recall from looking at this before time duration classes can probably
meet your needs for timing specification. However, posix_time doesn't
have a high precision clock yet which is the other part provided by xtime.
Someone is slated to work on that addition for posix_time in the near
future.

Jeff