From: Björn Karlsson (Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-27 11:57:35

> From: Gennaro Prota [mailto:gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]]
>
> Yes, I just wondered if there was some odd reason behind that wording.
> Consider that it doesn't say "there's no need to check", it
> peremptorily says "never check", which is quite different ;-)
>
> Genny.

Hmm, after digging through some CVS history, I found that the section
containing this wording was added almost six months ago, by Jens Maurer. The
background was that usage of BOOST_NO_LIMITS (and a buggy
BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS) broke a few things here and there.
The strong wording probably saves us from a few defect reports...

For details, see http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg27686.php

Bjorn Karlsson