From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-28 05:32:55

> > From: David Abrahams [mailto:dave_at_[hidden]]
> [snip]
> > ..\..\..\libs\python\src/object\function.cpp:10: numeric:
> > Permission denied
> >
> > The line in question says:
> > #include <numeric>
> >
> > I think this means we need to change the name of the boost/numeric
> > directory :(
>
> What's the status on this issue? I don't quite get it: Why should a
> directory name (or permissions on that directory) interfere with a header
> file with the same name?

If the directory is found first, then some implementations will try and read
it as a file, and fail.

Right but it's only an issue if someone has placed $(BOOST_ROOT)/boost in
their include path, and IMO there is no need to do that, all the headers
should be included with <boost/name.hpp> right?

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm