From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-09-30 10:23:17

Jeff Garland wrote:

> > > It is in libs/date_time/src/gregorian/greg_month.cpp which is
> > > compiled into the library.
> > >
> > > Jeff
> >
> > Oh, I missed that one. Thanks. Could you please add an initializer to
> > the specialization in greg_month.cpp, otherwise vacpp doesn't export the
> > symbol from the generated object file. This is really weird.
>
> It's not so obvious to me how to initialize it. If you have
> a tested patch, I'd be happy to apply it.

Oh, I think you're right. Looks like the initialization is indeed a
problem. I just added "= 0" and it compiled and linked ok but looking
at the definition of std::locale::id I'm left wondering why the heck
the compiler did not complain. Hrmpf!

Hmm, there isn't any chance that you might consider supplying a
definition in the header file?

Markus