From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-01 07:22:13

I'd like to propose the following changes:

1. The entire release candidate branch should be tagged with
RC_whatever_last_merge immediately after the branch is created. That can be
a big help when multiple changes need to be merged back into the trunk,
because you can just do:

    cd $BOOST_ROOT
    cvs update -jRC_whatever_last_merge -jRC_whatever

2. There should not be a strict rule that patches go into the release
branch before they go into the main trunk. In fact, if anything it should
go the other way. Shouldn't some changes get a chance to be tested "in
situ" before we make a change to the release candidatee, which is supposed
to be more stable than the trunk?

-Dave

           David Abrahams * Boost Consulting