From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-03 12:53:11

"Bohdan" <warever_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I'd like to propose immutable string class, i.e. string that has
> immutable contents which can be pooled. IMHO immutable_string
> is better candidate for various "name" properties than std::string.
> [...]

I'm very interested in this class. What would be nice is a COW
wrapper for it as well. As I understand it, std::string may be
implemented as ref-counted with COW, but generally is not.
I have an application where strings will tend to remain the same,
but I'd like to modify them, even if that means creating a new copy,
and sharing the old version.

Dave