From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-04 18:19:18

Vladimir Prus wrote

>> b) I do not believe that this enough to necesitate program independent method of registration -
>> that is as system dependent upon type_info. I believe the desire to implement such a thing
>> is related to the view that it could be used to implement plug-ins.

>I'm not sure I understand you correctly. Do you mean that registration
>mechanism which allows the same arhive to be read/written by several
>programs is not necessary?

Not at all. In the current system the and archive can be written by one program
and read by any number of others. It was has not been necessary to refer to any
globally known id to accomplish this.The ONLY requirement is that all the programs
have the same definitions for all the class objects in the archives. This is not
an unreasonable requirement for program that are destined to share archives.

Robert Ramey