From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-10 07:56:12

At 12:52 AM 10/10/2002, Alkis Evlogimenos wrote:

>On Saturday 05 October 2002 03:56 am, John Maddock wrote:
>> > Any chance I can get a hold on these programs? Are they going to be
>part
>>
>> of
>>
>> > the 1.29 release?
>>
>> No I don't think they will be, they are part of the filesystem library
>> (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/filesystem/filesystem.zip),
>once
>> you have that you can run the tests as follows:
>>
>> Build the filesystem examples using bjam, then
>
>They don't seem to build without modifications against the RC_1_29_0
branch.

>The #include for cpp_main.cpp needs to point to the correct file and the
>Jamfile needs to specify the test_exec_monitor lib.

Yes. That's been fixed, as have some Jamfile issues. Please read on.

I decided to not include the regression test status table generation
programs in the 1.29.0 release. To much likelihood of people stumbling
across it, and then wanting support and/or complaining when a bunch of
code-breaking changes occur as Filesystem Library formal review suggestions
are applied.

Instead, everything has been checked into the Boost CVS main trunk. See
boost-root/tools/regression. Jamfiles are provided.

Please note that a great deal will change between now and the next release,
as Filesystem Library formal review suggestions are applied.

--Beman