From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-10 12:22:15

Le jeu 10/10/2002 à 18:34, Vincent Finn a écrit :
> Would be interesting to try and integrate it into the boost::filesystem
> That way would could fully represent a directory structure

I did not follow boost.filesystem discussions, but I guess that it would
need an extanded concept of tree, if symbolic links are to be supported
inside library. (iterations would transparently follow symbolic links,
..)

I used a tree with somekind of symbolic links (for other reasons), I
would say it's possible to add that kind of feature to a tree and still
have sensible iterators. Though, I allowed myself to impose constraints
on the use of links, that are not enforced by filesystems.

To aim for best generality, and keep the code free of any hack, I'd
think the full complexity of symbolic links problem would be best
handled by a graph.. (links can loop.. it's a sign that the tree is no
more a tree, just a graph)

--
Samuel