From: Gabriel Dos Reis (gdr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-13 09:03:12

Howard Hinnant <hinnant_at_[hidden]> writes:

[...]

| I do not believe it is a good argument for making
| temporaries const. --c.end() is not inherently unsafe. It simply does
| not work if the iterator turns out to be a pointer. This is a quirk of
| the language and nothing more.

Indeed. I see decrementation or incrementation as part of the
iterator interface (supported operations) and from that perspective,
it makes perfect sense to say --c.end(). I see no "unsafety" in that
constructs.
That, it doesn't work on raw pointer types is a artifact that needs fix :-)

-- Gaby