From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmutkaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-14 11:17:11

Joel de Guzman wrote:

> I would think that the Pascal example might be a good one
> to benchmark -
> > it's a non-trivial grammar, and I would expect that YACC
> and ANTLR grammars
> > for Pascal are readily available "out there".
>
> Indeed. I'll start a conscientious initiative towards this goal.
> In addition, it would also be nice to also benchmark micro-parsers.
> I'd apprecieate some help ;-) It would be interesting to get
> the results from different compilers. I certainly would want to
> see the results of subrules with the Kuck & Associates compiler.

What about using the C parser for this? The Spirit version was directly
derived from a YACC/LEX based grammar, which is still available from the
sites mentioned in the starting comment of the sample. SO we could
compare nearly equivalent grammars implemented with two different
technologies. Moreover I think, that it should be possible to change
this grammar to use subrules (if the compilers do not reach some magical
limits).

Regards Hartmut