From: Victor A. Wagner, Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-16 23:51:50

I suggest that perhaps you have your browser or printer settings messed
up. I just printed section 5.5 from the BLL documentation with my printer
set both at "letter" (8.5 x 11") and A4. Although the right margin is
visibly different on the two printouts, the line you show prints fine on
both settings.
On the US setting the trailing ; is 6-13/16" from the left edge
On the A4 setting it is exactly the same... if you overlay the two pages,
the line prints identically. This is _well_ within the border of an A4
page even with reasonable 'margins'

Internet Explorer 6 (Text size medium) running on Windows 2K... Lexmark X74
printer

Opera 6.05 OTOH dropped the last ); of the line (both US and A4) , even
when the preview (90%) showed everything would fit.
I suspect what we have here is a different default setting for what <pre>
means for font size in the two browsers.

I'm not what solution to suggest