From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-17 10:36:48

At 07:57 PM 10/16/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>I think that a number of things that were supposed to go into 1.29.0
>didn't quite make it correctly, e.g.:
>think about doing a 1.29.1 release?

It's OK with me, but I'd like someone else to be the release manager. I've
made some progress documenting the actual release procedure, and am pretty
sure someone else could carry it out without much difficulty.

They would have to have certain tools. A zip file creation program, a
.tar.gz program, and some kind of an automatic ftp program for the actual
web site update.

It took me 5 or 6 hours to complete the 1.29.0 release procedure, but that
is mostly because I only have a single channel ISDN line. I'd hope that
would drop to less than 2 hours for someone with a high-speed connection.

--Beman