From: Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-10-18 03:08:10

> From: Vladimir Prus [mailto:ghost_at_[hidden]]
> I've just spend 15 minutes tracking down a bug, which turned
> out to be
> caused by lexical_cast's inability to handle spaces. This problem is
> recognized for more that a year. Hmm... personally, I would
> like to see
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/boost/files/lexical_cast_proposition/
> committed *now*, without any review, rather than have this situation.
> Thoughts?

While it's true that the issue has been known for more than a year, the
proposed new version hasn't. There will be a working version in 1_30_0 (most
likely the proposition by Terje) - I wish it would have made it into 1_29_0,
but alas...

This is an unfortunate situation that has taken way too long to resolve, but
at least we know that 1_30_0 will contain a lexical_cast that functions
correctly.

Bjorn Karlsson