From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-19 19:48:25

> I have attached project (zipped) that if you put under \libs\date_time\src
> will compile the date_time for msv7. This currently for multithreaded
> libraryes in debug and release. I have noticed that when removing the
> DATE_TIME_INLINE from the projects settings (so it is not defined) then the
> warnings go away in the debug mode.

That's because the function defintions in date_time/gregorian_calendar.ipp
are not be included when this flag is not defined and they are apparently
the source of the warnings. Borland has been complaining similarly
about this...

> The release never seems to give warnings (for me). But then you can't
> link later since library corrupt.

Yes, somewhere along the line in restructuring it looks
like I broke the intent of this compile flag. If it was working
correctly a number of functions would wind up in the library
instead of inline. Unfortunately if you don't turn it on the
symbols don't get into the library and your link will fail. So
until I fix it DATE_TIME_INLINE will need to be defined.

> Anyway, hope this can be of help. I have given up on compiling with bjam.
> This is the only way i know how to use the library in MSV7. For me this
> is the same for regex as well. I am obviously doing something wrong
> when compiling with bjam.

If you post the error/problem I'm sure someone would be willing to help
you with it. I know several folks that use bjam with VC7.

Jeff