From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-20 17:53:58

"Daniel Frey" <d.frey_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> Whatever it does, I think the user should have a chance to request a
> defined behaviour. This is essential to create robust applications, as
> they are never free of bugs.
> [...]

You might have a user-configurable alternative if I ever get my butt in gear
and finish testing Loki::SmartPtr. Or, you can help me out by trying it
right
now straight out of the sandbox. It's in boost-sandbox/boost/policy_ptr in
the sandbox CVS. If you're using VC++, you're out of luck until I can get
VC6 upgraded to SP5 (having problems). If you do try it right now, I'll
warn
you that it's quite raw, and might be completely unusable, as it's in a
state
of flux. If you're using VC7, please let me know how it works.

Dave