From: Pavol Droba (droba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-21 11:48:35

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:32:23AM -0400, Jeff Garland wrote:
> At Friday, 18 October 2002, Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

> >Many times I was missing some fundamental string manipulation routines,
> >which are not part of STL, especially functions link trim and various
> >conversion routines like to_upper and to_lower.
> >
> >Although these function are realy simple, I found it as a pain in
> the neck
> >to reimplement them every time I need them.
> >Now I'm putting them in one lib in some nice looking manner.
>
> Pavol -
>
> There is interest and has been discussion of this type
> of library in the past. Darin Adler and others have done
> some interesting work. Take a look at:
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?STLAlgorithmExtensions/StringAlgorithms
>
> It would be nice if someone would take the lead and
> get this stuff into the sandbox where we could shake
> it out and beef it up for review.
>
> Jeff

I've been looking into the discussion. I like some of the ideas presented there.
For the first version however, I was plannig to put different sort of functions.

I already have first version of trim header and I can put it into sand-box
for the first look as an example of further work.

I can start adding other stuff after that.

Pavol