From: Jeremy B. (jbms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-21 17:23:19

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 22:32, David B. Held wrote:
> [...]
> interleave the two sets over the same tree nodes. It could be
> possible to generalize map into an arbitrary-arity tuple ordering
> container. After all, why not a trimap? I could imagine this

It seems that there would be the problem of all elements of the tuple
having to be const so that modifications do not change the ordering.

I imagine that the only other option would be to include a mechanism of
alerting the container of changes to a particular element, which would
certainly be clumsy.