From: Anthony Williams (anthony.williamsNOSPAM_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-22 03:11:55

RPaul A. Bristow writes:
> I had used Word 2000 but it does not to have the option of document type "Web
> Page, Filtered" but in Word 2002 aka XP is it available and I have done this for
> the attached file. Does this now look OK? Does it print OK on US Letter?

The indiscriminate use of "style" attributes to set explicit fonts and font
sizes is a problem --- they are not even used consistently, so when viewed in
Mozilla, the text alternates in size and font, depending on the presence or
absence of the "style" attribute. I presume this is related to the use of
paragraph styles in Word, vs explicitly setting the font.

However much Microsoft claim it is, Word is not an HTML editor. I recommend
you use a real HTML editor, or write HTML directly in your favourite text
editor (which is (x)emacs, of course ;-) ).

Personally, I write _everything_ in latex, and then use tex4ht when I want
HTML. However, getting the look-and-feel of the HTML how you like it can be
time consuming, though should only have to be done once, to set up a tex4ht
style sheet which you can reuse.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Senior Software Engineer, Beran Instruments Ltd.