From: Dan Mcleran (dan.mcleran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-22 09:56:28

"Neal D. Becker" <nbecker_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> My main interest is integrate a function. I'm not sure about
> integrating a set of pre-computed data. In that case, different
> algorithms might be preferred, so there may be no real need to have a
> common interface with the function integration.
>
> I don't understand what the parameters you refer to are.

In the case of integrating over a function, f(x), vParams is a container
containing the x values that you wish to pass into f(x). I was proposing
that f(x) would be a functor, or function pointer that the user would
provide along with a container of x values.

I also had a scenario where I was being fed the results of f(x) by a piece
of hardware and I needed to do a numerical integration over these results.
So, in this case, one has no idea what f(x) is, they only have a container
of the results, vData. I was proposing that there be algorithms to perform
numerical integration over the results of f(x) without having to know the
parameters, i.e. x values.