From: Neal D. Becker (nbecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-23 10:34:49

    Martin> Neal,

    Martin> sorry for the ironic comment above. I figured you mean this situation.

    Martin> However, the assumption of equidistant integration nodes (constant dx),
    Martin> and the assumption of known dx (didn't seem to be given as parameter, but
    Martin> your can easily change that, of course), is quite a specific setup, and
    Martin> may be totally different from what you'd want to have for integrating
    Martin> functions you can evaluate wherever you like.

    Martin> Thus I think these two tasks are different enough to justify different
    Martin> interfaces.

I agree (actually, I was trying to say the same thing).