From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-23 14:52:00

I am confused about the scope of a numerical integration library. It
seems that three things are being mixed up here:

i) 1D integration of a function with x-points determined by the
algorithm (e.g. Romberg integration)

ii) Integration of first order ODEs by some algorithm (e.g. Runge-Kutta)

iii) Forward Euler integration of an ODE with fixed step witdh delta_x
and values of the derivative, given by some external function.

While I agree that both i) and ii) would be interesting libraries, the
usage case iii) which seems much discussed does not warrant a separate
library in my opinion.

Matthias