From: Ken Hagan (K.Hagan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-24 04:22:08

"Paul A. Bristow" <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote...

> So I would appreciate views (I have a zero expectation of any
> consensus!!) on the relative attractiveness of two schemes:

My brain tells me that pi_twice will scale better to more obscure
constants, but "two_pi" is just the Right Thing in this case. There
aren't many such cases. I don't think any other transcendentals are
common enough in formulae to justify it.

One small gripe. I would always say "pi_over_two", never "half pi".
I know that "over" is an infix operator here, but should we bend the
rules for simple fractions? It does still begin with "pi".