From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-26 18:30:32

I always wondered why we need to struggle that much to dig the information
from a compiler in writing generic components, while it should be very easy
for the compiler to provide direct access to this information. And BTW it
could give much more then we could achieve now with template tricks.
   Is there formal proposition to the core group to add this kind of
facility to language? So that I could write something like:
T.has_default_constructor or T.has_field["member"]

Gennadiy.