From: Rene Rivera (grafik666_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-27 22:29:28

[2002-10-27] David Abrahams wrote:

>In some of my Boost.Build v2 testing I've encountered warnings from
>GCC because we're normally using -isystem to add Boost headers as part
>of the #include <...> -only search path (there appears to be no other
>way). I'm beginning to think that we have to give up on -isystem,
>since it causes so many problems, including that on some platforms it
>adds an implicit extern "C" { } wrapper. For the record, I still think
>we're doing the right thing by using angle-includes for boost.

That's fine for GCC, but if we switch to "-I" we'll probably get other
warnings. Of course the reason it probably causes problems is that it
doesn't seem to be a well tested part of GCC :-(

>Anyway, the warnings I've been seeing are:
>
> boost/cast.hpp:178: warning: decimal constant is so large that it is
unsigned

>This one worries me a little. Has anyone tested the fencepost
>condition here to make sure it's doing the right job?

I've seen that one but I was under the impression that it was not related at
all to -isystem. I've seen that warning on the darwin-tools.jam file I've
been trying to get working and it's using -I (as -isystem does the extern
wrapping).

Are we getting warnings that go away if we don't use -isystem?

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera_at_[hidden] - grafik_at_[hidden]
-- 102708583_at_icq - Grafik666_at_AIM - Grafik_at_[hidden]